Sunday, March 17, 2013

Retirement & the Move

Many things have happened since my last post.  My last day in the office of Rutan & Tucker was Friday, March 1, 2013.  My friends in the OC Chapter of ALA and Mike Howard of Howard Building hosted a wonderful evening at the Pacific Club on February20th.  It was great to see so many long time friends and associates.  The Firm hosted an unbelievable Retirement Luncheon on March 8th at the Chuck Jones Center in Costa Mesa.  There were over 175 people in attendance.  The expression of love and respect for me was really overwhelming.  Kim Thompson and Jodi Brooks did a wonderful job in hosting the lunch.  The Partners' Dinner to welcome new partners into the partnership was also a Retirement Dinner for me.  It was a very special evening.  Eight of the 13 managing partners I have worked with were present and tried to "roast" me.  Some very kind words were spoken.  I have the greatest respect for the Partners of Rutan & Tucker.  I am not one who seeks out the limelight so all the attention focused on me over the last few weeks has been a bit strange...but I was told to "deal with it" becasue I had earned the praise over the last 37 years.

Next, the movers came on March 4th and our things were delivered to AZ on the 11th.  We are in the middle of sorting things out and trying to fit a four bedroom house and 37 years of "stuff" into a two bedroom house.

It has been a very busy three weeks as things at work came to an end but now we are working on getting settled in AZ and preparing for our mission to England for the LDS Church

No comments:

Post a Comment